Romanian Dead Lift (for core, back, glutes, hamstrings)
Perform wearing flat training shoes or in stocking feet.
(2-legged: use either dumbbells or barbell; any weight you can comfortably hold for all repetitions).
- Use an overhand grip to hold the weights at hip level.
- Draw your shoulders back and keep your spine straight throughout the exercise.
- Push your hips back (hip hinge) as you slowly lower the weight toward the floor and below your knees.
- Press your hips forward to come into a standing position with the weights in front of your thighs.
- Repeat repetitions (as noted above) with single leg hip hinge (pictured below).
Note: keep hips level.
(1-legged; improves lower leg & foot strength, stability, and balance).